Take a Book -- Leave a Book
Neighborhood Lending Library
United Way of Kaufman County
Allow every child in our community access to books any day of the week.
WHAT WE WANT TO ACHIEVE
- More reading time, less gaming time
- Increase success in school
- Parent and child bonding by reading time
- Increase overall knowledge
- Relaxation to relieve stress
HOW WE WILL ACHIEVE OUR OBJECTIVE
- Placing small lending libraries throughout our county service area
- Placing a variety of books to serve both young children, teens, and adults
- Partnering with local companies, government, and individuals
- Recruit volunteers to build and place lending libraries
WHEN OUR OBJECTIVE WILL BE MET
- Our overall goal is to place a total of 30 lending libraries in our county service area
- Place 30 lending libraries by October 31, 2018
There are 3 levels of sponsorships.
- Sponsors will have a sign placed on the library with their company name.
- Sponsors may choose where the lending libraries will be placed.
- Sponsors will have location of their libraries on our website
Sample of sign
- United Way will build, stain/paint, and place the lending library
- United Way will place books in library at time of library placement
- United Way will periodically check on libraries
- Company will maintain minor repairs of library
- Company will maintain surrounding area of library
- Company will inform United Way of any major issues with library
- Company will inform United Way if low on books and unable to replace